Tulsa, OK asked in Native American Law for Oklahoma

Q: Its a long story but me and my wife are indian she was off her psyc meds had a bipolar episode attacked me while i was d

Driveing took the car keys and told the coos i choked her she later recanted her story and admited i didnt touch her she was just mad but we split up she got jealous and said i forced her to write the statements also sent me serveral incriminateing messages and attacked me afterwards i went to jurry trial she has absolutely no evidence but her storry witj manny holes in it and i have messages pictures hand writen letters verry strong evidence in my favor i was somehow still found guilty but am honestly an innocent man serveing a sentence in prison she also has a violent history mental health and drug use history as well my lawyer was verry in effective and is now refuseing to help me with an appeal it was her first jurry trial i think i definitely should have won and she could have presented my evidence and easily impeached her i really need help and dont know what to do its seminole nation tribal court my name is stoney ray mendenhall wife was tishina gabriel larney please help advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Native American Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I would be to consult with another experienced attorney to explore the possibility of filing an appeal. Strong evidence in your favor, such as messages, pictures, and hand-written letters, may support your case. An attorney well-versed in tribal court proceedings and appellate practice would be beneficial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.