Citrus Heights, CA asked in Municipal Law for California

Q: I had a tree removed and the park charged half of the bill. What can I do to get back the money they charged me ?

The tree removal service that removed the tree deemed it dangerous and affecting my home fondation.

The bill was $1000.00 and the park charged me half $500.00

If I read the law and understand it, I should have not had to pay half of the bill Park should have paid the full bill.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Thanks for your submission. Unclear why the park charged you to remove the tree, or which law (remember there are many, many, many books of laws- you need to point out which one you found) you are referring to. You should take all the documentation to a local attorney for a consultation. The amount of money in dispute is within the jurisdiction of the small claims court. Thanks for using Justia Ask a Lawyer.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: One option might be to contact them and ask them to direct you to applicable laws that they based their policy and bill on. An attorney could offer better insight with that information. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.