Grand Saline, TX asked in Real Estate Law, Communications Law, Construction Law and Small Claims for Texas

Q: If I bought a house with foundation issues, but were told those issues were corrected and they weren’t. what can I do

I purchased a house with cash about a year ago. The inspector said on his report that it had pier and beam foundation issues. This was addressed with the owner and he told me that he already had a foundation crew come in and do some work and it has already been fixed it the best they could and new supports added. However, now the floor in my house is falling and after going under the house to look, it was not repaired properly by any means. He lied to us and I feel We bought the house under false pretenses. Is there anything we can do

1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Your only real move is to sue the seller. This can be successful if you have good paperwork showing that the seller was aware of the problem and then asserted that he fixed the problem. There is more to a lawsuit than that, but that is the bare minimum you will need for proof.

See a good lawyer who knows this area of law. you do have time limits on filing a lawsuit. in some instances, you only have ONE YEAR from the discovery of fraud.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.