Texas Communications Law Questions & Answers

Q: after divorce can one parent use a child's iPad to access other parents personal info. on personal device

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Texas on
Answered on Apr 9, 2018
Kiele Linroth Pace's answer
Depending on the specific fact pattern, it might match the offense known as "Breach of Computer Security" as defined by Texas Penal Code 33.02.

Harassment is also a crime, and one of the ways a person can commit Harassment is by repeatedly sending electronic communication that harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend the recipient.

Q: in a divorce can one parent access a child's iPad to retrieve personal info. from other parents device w/o permission

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Divorce for Texas on
Answered on Apr 8, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
Access to the ipad is not the issue, it's the harassment. The subjects of the harassment shoul contact the police, and you can cooperate in the investigation.

Q: Can you sue someone for sending emails that curse you out with abusive language in almost every other word.

2 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence, Family Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Communications Law for Texas on
Answered on Apr 7, 2018
Gary D. Peak's answer
Better to block them and remove them from your life.

You will have trouble finding an attorney who would file such case. No money damages. Just some irritation and frustration.

Q: How do I fight a fake police report about me? It was for telephone harassment, which did not occur.

2 Answers | Asked in Communications Law for Texas on
Answered on Apr 4, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
If the allegations filed against you are not true. retain a local attorney, enter a plea of not guilty to the charges and force the State to prove those allegations beyond a reasonable doubt. You have the right to present whatever evidence you have to a jury, and let them decide who is telling the truth. Good luck.

Q: Removal of a person's image off a webpage

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Communications Law, Intellectual Property and Trademark for Texas on
Answered on Jan 17, 2018
Griffin Klema's answer
Maybe. It depends on the relationship between the photographer and the model. Was the model employed? Was there an employment contract? How well known is the model? The photographer likely owns the copyright, but the model may not have licensed her "likeness" (a right of privacy). Facebook likely has a DMCA takedown request form. I suggest looking there firs.

Q: Is it aillegal to prevent me from calling 911, even if the person is a mom roomate blockin a door wit small kids inside?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Communications Law for Texas on
Answered on Nov 29, 2017
Kiele Linroth Pace's answer
It might be illegal if you were attempting to make an emergency call. The fact that you wanted to call 911 doesn't mean it was an emergency. The applicable definition of emergency is found in Texas Penal Code 42.062(d)

See: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm#42.062

Q: Placed two weeks in new job then ran my driving record and said sorry but you can't work here even though it was arrang

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Workers' Compensation, Business Law and Communications Law for Texas on
Answered on May 12, 2017
S. Michael Graham's answer
Texas is an employment at will State. I don't feel you would have any legal recourse. You would need to consult with a labor and employment law attorney. Workers' comp deals with on the job injuries

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.