Raleigh, NC asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Elder Law for Georgia

Q: Can someone us a specific power of attorney to convince notary person to that they have power of attorney over their par

Can someone us a specific power of attorney to convince notary person they have power of attorney over their parents when the specific power of attorney was already voided after 60 days. Would the notarized quite claim deed be valid?

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: If the POA was revoked at the time of Deed execution then there was no valid conveyance. However if no interested party ever files suit to have the Deed declared void, then the purported conveyance remains of record. After many years the voidable Deed is cured. Contact a GA attorney now to get that conveyance declared void under a Declaratory Judgment, Quiet Title, etc., and record a certified copy of the Judge's Order in the chain of title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.