Lexington, KY asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Kentucky

Q: If I voluntary give up my parental rights to my kids to their uncle can I still be in there life?

They are staying with their uncle as of now I have a cps case open and only get a hour a week with them would it be better if I signed my rights over so I can work on me

2 Lawyer Answers
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: If you terminate your parental rights, it terminates all your rights. Whether you see them would be solely up to the uncle.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In Kentucky, if you voluntarily terminate your parental rights to your children and the court approves the termination, you will no longer have any legal rights or responsibilities as a parent. This means you will no longer have visitation rights or any say in their upbringing, and you will not be obligated to provide financial support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.