Coral Springs, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: After and over 10 years know guy is saying one or both kids could be his and not mine I been court ordered pay child sup

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the children were born during an intact marriage then you are on the hook. If you were never married then you need to determine how paternity was established. It is possible after ten years that you can no longer challenge the finding. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Destardes Moore
Destardes Moore
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Additional facts are necessary to determine your available options. You might have the option of filing a Petition to Disestablish Paternity and seeking the termination of the child support obligation. However, it's advisable to consult with a family law attorney to assess the precise details of your case. Best of luck with everything!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.