Cleveland, OH asked in Divorce, Domestic Violence and Elder Law for Ohio

Q: How do I Revoke any type of POA; HIPAA; and all Financial; Medical; papers that have been filed in my husband's file in

regards to me which I have never seen but has been 'scooted' past me for control and manipulation factors. I was told I can get a Revocation for my file.....Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Just make out new POA documents, which will revoke all prior ones. You really want to create new potential proxies in the event something happens to you anyway. You can also write a simple statement revoking a specific person's proxy status effective as of a particular date, then send it around to each institution holding the original.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.