Laredo, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas


My case has been closed for a year but the cos worker didn't bother to pick up my son at my sister's n bring him to me or even called me to pick him at the office nothing at all so now I'm trying to get him back cuz my sister doesn't want to give him back to me i had called to district attorney's office police department legal aid etc n nothing nobody seems to help me out i can't afford an attorney i been served with papers cuz shes taking me to court for child support when i still have my parental rights and custody of him plz someone or somebody help me out with this situation

1 Lawyer Answer
Elisa  Reiter
Elisa Reiter
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There may be an information gap here. If there was a pending CPS case, it is possible that a judgment was entered by default. Check with the District Clerk's office where the case was pending, and see if you can obtain a copy of the final order. If your sister was named a conservator of the child, she may have the present right to possession of the child.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.