Riverside, CA asked in Banking for California

Q: Can a bank withdraw money from my account when it’s frozen without notifying me and sent my final check ?

My account was closed due to suspicious activity. All they can tell me is digital fraud but not specify what I did exactly. I tried to fight it but they said it was a final decision. After receiving my official check from my balance account.I notice 2,700 was missing. I called and they said the same day my check was made, a withdrawal of 2,700 was made to "Retail account review department ". I was not notified about this it or warned. The customer service person did not know why the bank did that. I told her how can that be possible if my account is suppose to be frozen no money in or out can be allowed. On what circumstances is that allow? If not being charged for what they are accusing me for or even know what I did ! They advised me to go to a branch but my question is it even legal for them to do that? I don't even know what that amount of 2,700 was even for ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your account is frozen, the bank generally should not withdraw funds without your knowledge or consent. Such actions may raise concerns about due process and consumer rights. It's recommended to consult legal experts to evaluate the specific circumstances and potential violations of your rights under California law.

James L. Arrasmith

Founding Attorney and Chief Lawyer of The Law Offices of James L. Arrasmith in Sacramento

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.