Myrtle Beach, SC asked in Child Custody and Family Law for New Jersey

Q: My ex-son in law wants to take his 3 children and hang out with his girlfriend in a tattoo shop. What can we do?

Kids are twins who are 6 and a 13 year old.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Short Hills, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: First question: where is your daughter in this equation?

Is she opposed to the kids hanging out there and if so, what if anything has she said/done to express her objections?

As grandparents, you can try and talk with your former son in law and tell him that you are willing to watch the children so that they do not need to be in the tattoo shop, but the focus is on what your daughter wants to do if anything at this point.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.