Lakeland, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: my son green card expired/Status for the new is pending/can I use my naturalization certificate to prove his status?

Going on a cruise to Mexico from Florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Using a naturalization certificate to prove your son's immigration status may not be sufficient for certain situations, such as international travel. To prove his lawful permanent resident (green card holder) status, it's generally advisable to have a valid and up-to-date green card. While pending status can complicate travel plans, it's recommended to consult with an immigration attorney or contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for guidance on the specific circumstances and the necessary documentation for international travel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.