Asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: Would you mind helping me out back to USA? few months ago I called the respective offices said warrants were inactive

Could you please help me with the following information here, few months ago I called the respective offices from India, said they were inactive warrants, would you please help me how to process H1B.

I got deported on 30th May 2012, due to immigration law breaks as given, actually I was not convicted or guilty; it was obscene internet contact with a minor aged 14, as I was not aware and turned out to be a detective, and got sentenced for 5 years probation or under. It has been 11 yrs since I am back from USA.

237 (a) (2) (A) (iii), 237 (a) (2) (A) (i), 237 (a) (2) (E) (i) because of these sections I got a severe charges from Superior Court of Cobb County, Atlanta, GA. Could you please tell me, whether my warrant(s) is dismissed or closed since I left USA.


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI

A: This is confusing, because you indicate that you pled guilty, so warrants are not the issue.

If you are inadmissible based upon a deportation order and/or the criminal convictions, then you must seek a waiver of inadmissibility if you may qualify for one. You may also need to file for advanced permission to re-apply. Otherwise, you cannot lawfully return to the United States. Your criminal court record is usually permanent, so it is about what you admitted that you did in Court. You are obligated to disclose all arrests and convictions.

This is a complicated situation, so you ought to hire an immigration attorney to decide whether you should proceed, or when!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.