Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: I have a friend that has a baby mama that is withholding him from seeing his child though he has custody is that legal?

There is no court order for this and they are trying to bribe him with 5k to sign his rights over even though he wants to see his son is this legal

2 Lawyer Answers
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If he has custody and the other parent is withholding the child, he needs to quickly take legal action to enforce the court order. The court can only help him if he is takes the proper steps to bring this matter to court.

Best of luck!

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your friend's baby mama is not complying with the custody order, your friend may need to take legal action to enforce the order and ensure he can spend time with his child as outlined in the court-approved arrangement. This might involve going back to court and seeking enforcement of the existing custody order. It's important for your friend to document any instances where visitation is being denied

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.