Sanford, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: I have a notice of lack of prosecution to show up to court my debt has been submitted to collections who do I pay?

From a previous landlord

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A "lack of prosecution" hearing is for the plaintiff (person suing) to show the judge why the case should not be dismissed, generally because nothing has happened in it for some time. You don't need to show up, and it will be dismissed eventually unless you can be served with process by a law enforcement officer (normally a representative of a sheriff's office) or by a private process server.

If you want to know who to pay, contact the attorney for the plaintiff.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.