Charlotte, NC asked in Landlord - Tenant and Real Estate Law for Louisiana

Q: My daughter and son-in-law have abandoned their trailer on my property . Going on 6 months. What can I do with the trail

I have plans to build a house on this land I do not know what I can legally do with their trailer. They won't answer phone calls from me. Therefore I don't know what their plans are. Wh what are my rights concerning this matter? I live in Louisiana.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Louisiana, if your daughter and son-in-law have left their trailer on your property for around six months without communication, you may explore legal options. Sending them a certified letter notifying them of your intention to remove the trailer if they don't respond within a specified timeframe is a proactive step. If they remain unresponsive, you might have the right to consider the trailer abandoned and initiate its removal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.