Oviedo, FL asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Florida

Q: Where do I get a sworn copy of the will and an affidavit that the estate is not indebted. Is this a form I can fill out?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You likely need to check with the clerk of the court in the county where the probate took place and or you will need to work with a Florida Probate Attorney in order to draft these and or any other documents that may need to be filed related to probate matters.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Florida, to obtain a sworn copy of a will and an affidavit that the estate is not indebted, you would typically need to go through the probate process. The probate court oversees the distribution of a deceased person's assets and ensures that the terms of the will are carried out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.