Forked River, NJ asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for New Jersey

Q: What can I do about this?

Hello I talked to a solar company over a year ago and never went through with a project. I just had the guy come out for the estimate. Project was canceled with no work done that was over 8 months ago. A couple weeks ago I get a letter in the mail to make first payment on a $38,000 loan they took out for a project that was never going to happen. They are being very difficult about getting loan canceled. They said they see the cancelation from over 8 months ago on their end and have no answer on how it processed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your situation can be resolved by an experienced civil litigation attorney. I have successfully handled a large number of these cases. This is a clear violation of the New Jersey Home Improvement Contractor Act, the New Jersey Statute of Frauds, and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (which will enable you to collect triple damages plus attorneys fees). Pick the best attorney you can find and remember one rule: a good attorney is generally never cheap, and a cheap attorney is generally never good so don't choose based on price. With modern technology, you can be represented by any high-quality attorney in New Jersey irrespective of geography.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.