Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: Personal injury attorney has withdrew from case, defendant is filing "No evidence motion for summary judgement".

I have requested case file, denied. I have requested medical records and also denied. I don't believe he has done the necessary acts of Discovery, he did not investigate the accident, did not contact my employer, did not provide me any information, I haven't even met him. He called me and solicited his services. I told him it has to go to trial to prove the accident report doesn't explain the damages and it was false.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If your original attorney withdrew from the case and you can't contact them, you should consider reaching out to attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. An experienced attorney should look at that motion and the evidence in your file - your case is being challenged and there is probably a short time window in which to respond. A Texas attorney should advise you without delay. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.