Laurel, MS asked in Employment Law and Civil Rights for Mississippi

Q: How to go about suing a company for American Vunerable Abuse Act in State of Mississippi ?

My son is Autistic but highly functional, he does have certain things that he cannot learn certain things like how to drive and his right hand from his left, count money, and he is also ADHD, his employer knew this when they hired him, he worked for 2 weeks without pay, or the required background check or drug test . However since he’s been theee for 3 years and hasn’t been a problem until now, he’s being verbally abused by his supervisor and they’ve stopped calling him for work. They tell him they’ll call him if they need him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: I hate seeing this. Based on the facts as you've presented, your son may have a claim for discrimination and constructive termination; however, it is going to depend on some more facts, as those types of cases are very fact intensive. Your best bet is going to be to reach out to a lawyer to get some additional information so that they can assess the viability of the claim. Feel free to reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact info next to their name. Most law firms, including mine, offer free consults to see what can be done to help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.