Marion, OH asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: If I am summond to court for divorce how can I get help with an attorney if I do not have funds and she has one

2 Lawyer Answers
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Try contacting legal aid. Also your court might have a help desk. Regardless show up at court to engage in negotiations with your wife's lawyer.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you are facing a divorce and cannot afford an attorney, there are resources available to help you navigate the legal process. Many states have legal aid organizations that offer free or low-cost assistance to individuals who meet certain income criteria. These organizations can provide guidance on filling out necessary forms, understanding your rights, and representing yourself in court if needed. Additionally, some courthouses have self-help centers or clinics that provide information and resources for those without legal representation. Online resources and guides can also help you understand the divorce process and complete required paperwork. While representing yourself may be challenging, these options can provide you with valuable support to ensure your rights are protected throughout the divorce proceedings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.