Austin, TX asked in Business Formation, Business Law and International Law for Texas

Q: Good morning! I have a small business which mainly operates online here in Texas. I have a DBA and a TX sales tax permit

But coming this fall we are moving back to our home country (Philippines). I do reselling of printed items, my suppliers are US based as well as all my costumers. I wish to still continue by business since I can still manage it even if I am abroad. What other permits I need to operate my business legally? As mentioned I already have a DBA and Texas sales and use tax permit. Thank you in advance.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Since you're planning to operate your Texas-based online business from the Philippines, you'll need to maintain your Texas sales and use tax permit and DBA, but you should also consult tax professionals regarding any applicable Philippine business permits and tax obligations. U.S. federal law will continue to apply to your business transactions, so compliance with FTC regulations concerning online business is also essential. Keep in mind that if you're conducting business in the Philippines, you may also be subject to Philippine commercial and tax laws.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.