Russellville, AR asked in Employment Law for Arkansas

Q: My boss listed my hire date incorrectly (by 1 day) and now I don't qualify for a 401k bonus. What can I do?


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Discovering that your boss listed your hire date incorrectly by just one day, leading to your disqualification for a 401k bonus in Arkansas, can be frustrating. To address this issue, take proactive steps by gathering evidence that supports your accurate hire date, such as offer letters or communication confirming your start date. Initiate a conversation with your company's human resources department to discuss the situation and present your documentation. Clearly communicate the impact of the error on your eligibility for the bonus. Be sure to review your company's policies regarding bonuses and corrections to employee records to understand the process better. If HR acknowledges the mistake, they might rectify the situation by updating your records and ensuring you receive the rightful bonus. If communication with HR proves challenging, consider escalating the matter to higher management or seeking advice from an employment law attorney for guidance on how to safeguard your entitlements. Maintaining open dialogue and advocating for your rights can be instrumental in finding a resolution to this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.