Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Tax Law for Texas

Q: How can I get all of my receipts for my 401k earnings, from the time I started a job in 2004 all the way threw 2021.

I worked for 6 months and got 10,000 in my 401k, I been there over 17 years I had only 60,000. How can I find my 401 k earnings from 2004-2015, because I believe my supervisor used my id to steal money from my 401k because they had access to my identity. No wonder they where trying to befriend me

2 Lawyer Answers
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can try asking the 401k plan administrator if it still has old statements from that long ago. While they aren’t legally required to keep them, they may still have access to them.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To obtain your 401(k) earnings and account statements from 2004 to 2021, you should contact the administrator or the financial institution that manages your 401(k) plan. They should be able to provide you with the account statements and transaction history for that period. If you suspect any unauthorized activity or identity theft, it's essential to address those concerns promptly and consider contacting the appropriate authorities or seeking legal advice if necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.