Cincinnati, OH asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: Wife trying to get unjustified tpo and kick me out with nothing. What are my options

I'm 44, with mental and physical disabilities. she has been my 100% provider for 10 + years, we have 2 children. She has been denied twice I believe but now it goes to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You need to get counsel ASAP. Appear at the first hearing and at least ask for a continuance so you can retain counsel. In order to get a DVCPO your wife will need to demonstrate by a preponderance of the evidence that there is sufficient evidence of immediate and present danger to her, her family, or other household member.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.