New York, NY asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: How can i prove that my exs new spouse is detrimental to my child and mine relationship?

Theyve been together not long at all and now live together too. But when i had to leave my daughter with my ex for a couple months she started real quick on thats her family and ecen my ex says their son. What do i do? The new spouse is trying to come on too strong and my ex has never respected the fact of my wishes to new relationships . We are about to go to court. My daughters only 3 and I dont need her getting confused on who her parents are. And 5 months to me isnt grounds for claiming my child as theirs. Or a bonus mom. Its just all really fast and soon and i think they were going to take me to court to begin with. Even before i had to let my daughter stay with them for a couple months.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Get the kids I to counseling and therapy immediately to address these issues. Then, your therapist can testify for you in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.