Flint, TX asked in Adoption and Family Law for Texas

Q: Can I sue 2 cities Tulsa and Oklahoma City for releasing sealed birth certificate given to my birth son. Texan I am.

I had them sealed for life I was told .I went for 6 months approximately 1973 to 74. For birthing. unknown gender at time 1973, His bday March 2nd 1974. A judge ordered from Oklahoma City to Tulsa Okla for sealed document. They live in Miami Oklahoma now. There's no physical reasons he should've gotten them. 47 years later. Approximately. I'm in a living heck of a position. I believe caused a stroke couple of weeks ago due to pressure after nearly 2 years of coming and going it's a mess. He's seriously got some issues getting worse. With the mother I am to my etiquette and daughter and siblings involved. I did hear mention he can claim on my estate being Okla law as hier omitted.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Probably not. The laws pertaining to sealed birth records has changed a lot since the 1970s. Adoptees frequently can access their own original birth records when they become adults, even though such records are “sealed” from the public.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.