West Salem, OH asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: Can you someone help me with a dissolution with children, little to no income

My husband and I have been living apart for almost 5 years now. He lives in Pennsylvania and I live in Ohio he has physical custody of our son. I need help with getting a dissolution we share no assets. I need financial aid help in getting a dissolution. I have little to no money to do so. Since this is my first ever marriage I am new to the whole dissolution thing and how it works. Can someone assist me in getting the process started and what steps I need to take? Thank you for your time!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
  • Canton, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The Wayne County Domestic Relations Court has resources for parties of modest means. Go to this URL https://www.waynecourtofcommonpleas.org/resources/domestic-relations-templates

You will need to submit the first 4 affidavits, a petition for dissolution, a poverty affidavit / motion to proceed in forma papuries, as well as a proposed shared parenting plan and separation agreement. You also may try to contact the legal aid society.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.