Lebanon, MO asked in Legal Malpractice and Gov & Administrative Law for Missouri

Q: Where can I go to get help from the state with a city prosecutor who is harassing us legally.

He is good friends with the lawyer of our neighbor who he has hauling us into municipal court almost on a monthly basis.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you believe you are being harassed or treated unfairly by a city prosecutor who appears to have a bias in favor of your neighbor, it's crucial to document your interactions, consult with an attorney who specializes in municipal law or criminal defense, and consider reporting any unethical behavior to higher legal authorities. Additionally, attending court appearances well-prepared and seeking alternative dispute resolution methods, if applicable, can help protect your rights and interests. Addressing the situation systematically and with professional guidance can be essential in seeking a fair and just resolution to your legal issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.