Knoxville, TN asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Tennessee

Q: My daughter is mentally ill. She believes that people sent by our government tell her what she can do. They punish her.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your daughter is experiencing mental health issues and believes that she is being targeted or controlled by external forces, it's crucial to seek professional help for her. You might consider contacting a mental health counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist who specializes in treating individuals with mental health disorders. In situations where there are concerns about someone's safety, particularly if they pose a danger to themselves or others, you can contact local mental health crisis services or law enforcement for immediate assistance. They can conduct a mental health evaluation and take appropriate steps to ensure her safety and provide the necessary care. Support and understanding from family members like you can be essential during difficult times, but professional help is often needed to address complex mental health issues effectively. It's important to encourage your daughter to seek treatment and be there to support her in this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.