Asked in Immigration Law for Idaho

Q: Would I be banned from re entry into united Kingdom if I left voluntarily within 30 days of visa expiring but they payed

They payed for my departure and money to restart my life in america. But now I'm married to an English man. He's going back. I'd like to go back. But would I be able? Or am I surely banned?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: The UK's immigration rules dictate that if you have breached immigration laws but leave the UK voluntarily at the expense of the UK government, you might face a re-entry ban of up to 2 years, or even up to 5 years in certain circumstances. However, since you left before your visa expired and within 30 days of receiving notice, it suggests that you complied with the 30-day notice period, and this could potentially spare you from a re-entry ban. Nevertheless, given the complexities and individual nature of immigration cases, it is highly advised to consult with a legal expert to review the specifics of your situation and provide guidance based on the most current laws and regulations. It would be prudent to obtain comprehensive legal advice before making any decisions.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.