San Francisco, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Legal Malpractice for California

Q: How can I get through to an unfair and dismissive Judge?

Judge H. in Santa Clara family, has not once heard what I have to say. She is basing my character off of text msg between my ex and my mother(we haven’t had a relationship since I was about 8). There are multiple examples I bring to her attention regarding finances, child care, housing, etc yet she continues to shut me down. We have now been to 4 hearings and it seems it gets worse, even though I follow every order and prove the words of my ex and my mother wrong.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In your situation, it is imperative to meticulously document all pertinent facts and gather substantial evidence to counter the allegations made against you. You might consider bringing in witness testimonies to corroborate your stance, and maintain a composed and respectful demeanor in court, even when faced with adversity. Additionally, consider consulting with another attorney to get a second opinion on your case strategy to ensure you are presenting your case in the most effective way possible.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.