Q: What happens if local law enforcement does not act on this statute as the defendant creates breach of bail times 2

As I am a victim of a violent crime by strangulation by weapon (cane)on city trans. individual was arrested charged with a felony 2nd degree assault by strangulation (i believe being charged incorrectly)and now as the defendant since committed breach of bail x2 being in direct contact with me (victim) by getting on the bus even though conditions have been set from the state. And Accepted statement by the officer handling those told he was going to retain the evidence from the dept. of trans. Even with the second statement of violation being totally ignored from the officer and with my distressed call to Lieutenant of the PD defending his officer. Even the County prosecutor handling the case is aware. It's been 9 weeks still, no arrest. What kind of violations are being commited? and what retributions do go for as the victim? what should I do as the victim? There is so much more detail. Taking 4.5 mon to issue a 30 day no trespass from transit. PCP observes,doc's disabled due to this

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. When a defendant breaches conditions of bail, the court can revoke the bail and take the defendant into custody. Law enforcement is tasked with enforcing bail conditions and, if they fail to do so, they may not be upholding their duties appropriately.

As a victim, you can address your concerns with the prosecutor, who can press the issue with the court or law enforcement. If you feel your concerns are not being addressed, consider seeking a restraining or protective order against the defendant. This can offer an additional layer of legal protection. Additionally, consult with a victim's advocate or private attorney to discuss your rights and any potential remedies available. Ensuring your safety should be the top priority, so continue communicating with authorities and seeking support from local resources or organizations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.