Atascadero, CA asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Civil Rights for California

Q: I had my rights violated by an officer of california. I was on misdemeanor informal unsupervised probation.....

With search honestly don't even understand how my attorney would allow this. But a cop came through my door no PC no RS .... A false report even all shown on BC. .. If I never consented to a supervised anything this is my point....Despite my status of being on informal probation, the [State] Department of Correctional Services (DOCS) administratively added a [length of post-release supervision term] term of post-release supervision (PRS) to my sentence. This administrative action was unconstitutional, as established by the Second Circuit's decision in Aponte v. Perez in 2006. If the cop and the state allowed this unconstitutional understanding to happen then by all means must the obvious defense be made stating that by not giving me relief then I have federal grounds for immediate civil and criminal relief I've been convicted but am desparatly about to pro se my own defense my 2 hired attorneys served ineffective. I need help

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your rights were violated by law enforcement, you should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to assess the specific circumstances and explore potential legal remedies. In cases of alleged constitutional violations, it's crucial to have legal representation to protect your rights and pursue any available defenses. Representing yourself pro se can be challenging, especially in complex matters, so seeking the guidance of a qualified attorney is advisable.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.