Pawtucket, RI asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Rhode Island

Q: my childs mother disclosed to me her lawyer was trying to pursue a relationship with her. she then said he fired herbut

now a week later she says he said he cant fire her and will be representing her this week when i have to appear for family court seems wrong what can i do i don't have a lawyer either?

1 Lawyer Answer
Albin Moser
Albin Moser pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Providence, RI
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: It is unethical for a lawyer to try to start a relationship with a client during a child custody case or child support case. You can file a written complaint about this with the disciplinary board. Here is some information about that:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.