Frederick, MD asked in Criminal Law for Maryland

Q: 3 year’s probation Maryland criminal PBJ

So I was given 3 years probation plead guilty but was given a PBJ I want to close my probation early my only conditions are comply with mental health which I have been doing but I have been doing other classes also have certificates , enrolled in college, no issues on probation my probation isn’t objecting it should I wait until a year an half to have my lawyer file a motion to try and what’s the chances also I’ll have reference letters from personal, and my therapist and psychiatrist is there a good chance it could be closed out early due to everything I am doing? Also if it’s closed out early can I file an expungement after it’s closed or do I have to wait the 3 years I keep reading different things if someone can give me the answer thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You can always file a motion requesting that the judge terminate probation early or even request an early expungement of your criminal record. However, whether the timing and reasons in support of your request are sufficient or appropriate at this time would require more evaluation. Discuss this issue with a lawyer in private, so that relevant information can be shared and discussed.

Scott Scherr agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.