Louisville, KY asked in Civil Rights, Animal / Dog Law and Public Benefits for Illinois

Q: What do you do if a civil rights discrimination /public accomadation denial complaint is wrongfully dismissed?

Had video proof of being made to leave with service dog and more but was given a disadvantage by the state investagor of the claim, and was dismissed with strong bias for the acting party. They allowed them to submit altered video to give benifit yet would not tell me how. Did appeal yet fedex picked it up late so they denied and resent it back without even looking at it. I am disabled and did request a few extra days accomadation which was not given. I understand deadlines and appeals yet if ya have straight proof vid and email then shouldn't be a time limit cause what's that got do with it being legit. I can't afford a lawyer so had to go against theirs alone and was not advised of them being at fact finding conference which did continue yet ended right after but if no fact was found then it'd ended. I applied for legal help but denied and they only practice in indiana. To me it seems as if they'd be committing discrimination at that point to for dismissing a legit claim a

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should appeal. In doing so, it is important you retain a competent attorney experienced in appealing this type of case. Appellate practice is very technical and many trial attorneys do not practice appellate law. Pro se appellants very rarely win because of the degree of knowledge, skill, and experience required to successfully appeal an adverse judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.