Los Angeles, CA asked in Products Liability and Personal Injury for California

Q: Can I file a lawsuit against a product that generates more than 1500 Microtesla?

I have been experiencing severe and persistent pain in specific parts of my body, which I noticed is linked to a product I've been using. This product emits electromagnetic fields (EMF) exceeding 1500 microteslas (µT). I am concerned about the potential health effects of this exposure and wish to explore the possibility of filing a lawsuit against the product's manufacturer or distributor. I am seeking your expert legal advice to assess the situation and guide me on the appropriate course of action.

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if you believe a product has caused you harm, you may have a potential claim under product liability law. Product liability claims can be based on design defects, manufacturing defects, or a failure to provide adequate warnings. If you can establish that the EMF emissions from the product directly caused your injuries, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. However, it's important to understand that causation can be challenging to prove, especially with claims related to EMF exposure. Thorough medical documentation and expert testimony would likely be needed. To assess the strength of your potential claim, you should consult with an attorney experienced in product liability. They can guide you on the viability of your claim and the necessary steps to pursue legal action. Remember, each case is unique, so obtaining personalized legal counsel is crucial.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An attorney would need to know more about the product. Without knowing more about the product and the medical documentation, such cases sometimes involve the need for expert testimony. If you're able to arrange a free initial consult, an attorney could explain this in greater detail. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.