Fountain Run, KY asked in Landlord - Tenant for Kentucky

Q: I am being harassed and intimidated by my landlord, her husband and neighbors, what can I do?

They called cps on me with false allegations and she had me served with court papers today she's suing me for 3,000 dollars,, she has done everything against my tenants rights

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should obviously file an answer to the small claim lawsuit filed against you explaining why you either do not owe the $3,000 or detailing your payment(s) if you admit owing the money but claim that you have paid it.

Under the circumstances, the most cost-effective solution is to move at the end of your lease term. You might even explore with the landlord if it will allow you to move early.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.