Reynoldsburg, OH asked in Civil Rights and Communications Law for Ohio

Q: How do I file a suit on someone who won't stop text and calling names ,I just want to left alone. And stalks you

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In Ohio, if someone is harassing you through persistent texts, calls, or stalking, you have several options. Begin by documenting every instance of harassment, including texts, calls, dates, times, and content. This evidence can be crucial for any legal action. Consider reporting this behavior to the police. They can advise on possible criminal charges or measures to protect yourself. Additionally, you may obtain a Civil Protection Order (CPO) from your local county courthouse. This order can legally prevent the harasser from contacting you. Always prioritize your safety; if you feel in immediate danger, call the police. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.