Phoenix, AZ asked in Traffic Tickets for Arizona

Q: My wife was given a ticket for speeding. She has been provided a court date to appear

She doesn’t know how speed she was driving but says couldn’t have been more than 90. The cop got her at 118 in the paper work with misdemeanor classification. She has no prior as ever. What could happen and how to take it forward.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Being cited for 118 I would hire a traffic ticket or criminal defense attorney to represent your wife in case the prosecution seeks to make an example out of her---furthermore, if she has defenses then it is best for a lawyer to present them. Better to pay some money for a lawyer now than the increased future monthly auto insurance premiums y'all might have to pay. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.