Lancaster, CA asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for California

Q: How do you find out if you’ve been blacklisted by the courts because of prior inappropriate behavior

3 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: There is no central database of people who have been blacklisted by the courts in California. However, there are a few ways to find out if you may be on a blacklist.

One way is to contact the court clerk in the county where you were involved in the prior legal proceedings. The court clerk may be able to tell you if there is any information about you in the court records that could be considered blacklisting. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, courts do not maintain "blacklists" for individuals based on prior inappropriate behavior. However, if there are concerns about specific actions taken against you by the court, such as restraining orders or other civil orders, you can review the court's records or dockets.

Many California courts offer online access to case information, which would allow you to search for any cases or orders involving your name. If you believe you're facing unjust treatment, it's essential to consult with an attorney to understand the details of your situation.

They can provide guidance on any potential legal remedies or steps you should consider. It's crucial to address any concerns head-on and ensure that your rights are protected. Remember, transparency and seeking proper legal counsel are always the best approach when dealing with the courts.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: There isn't such a list maintained in any state. Court clerks may come to recognize certain litigants by patterns of conduct, but there isn't a list of that kept. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.