Sour Lake, TX asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: Hello, What legal forms would I use to take my ex wife to court for forging my name onto my property Quitclam

She gave herself my property without me knowing anything about it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you believe your ex-wife fraudulently transferred property by forging your name on a quitclaim deed, you should consider taking legal action. Typically, you'd initiate this by filing a civil lawsuit to set aside or invalidate the fraudulent deed. The specific form or complaint you'd use depends on your jurisdiction and its rules, but it's generally titled something akin to "Complaint to Set Aside Fraudulent Deed" or "Complaint for Quiet Title." You'll detail the facts of the alleged forgery in this document. Alongside this, you may consider reporting the forgery to local law enforcement since forging a signature on a deed can be a criminal offense. It's critical to consult with a local attorney who can guide you through the process, provide the appropriate forms, and represent your interests in court. Acting swiftly is essential to protect your property rights and ensure the best possible outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.