Orlando, FL asked in Real Estate Law, Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: I own property and am trying to sell it. I owe back child support however I am on a current payment arrangement for the

I own property and am trying to sell it. I owe back child support however I am on a current payment arrangement for the reers and current that it owed. When selling the property can the state still hold a lean against my property when on an active payment arrangement

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You do not mention if there is already a lien filed or if there is just the threat of a lien. If the lien is already filed there is probably nothing that you can do. Regardless, you need to be in touch with the agency that is enforcing the child support to confirm what will happen upon the sale of the property. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.