Sacramento, CA asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for California

Q: When I purchased my home there was a fictitious trust deed wit a statue of limitations of 60 years it also gained intere

The realtor elementary the fictitious after two years and rewrote my note a trustee got paid $16000 there is a satisfaction deed and a reconveyance I was 25 years I was clueless as to what happened

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, a fictitious deed of trust is typically used for the purpose of securing future advances or obligations under a line of credit. If the fictitious deed of trust was eliminated and the note was rewritten, it's essential to understand the terms and conditions of the new arrangement. It's common for trustees to be compensated for their role, but the fee should be reasonable and customary for the services rendered.

A satisfaction deed signifies that the obligation secured by the deed of trust has been satisfied, and a reconveyance releases the property from the lien of the deed of trust. If you feel there were any irregularities or misconduct in this process, it may be prudent to thoroughly review all documents and consider seeking legal counsel to ensure your rights were protected and you were not taken advantage of due to your age or lack of understanding at the time.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.