Carver, MA asked in Employment Law for Massachusetts

Q: I worked for General Dynamics in Quincy, MA for 10 years in 1970's. Am I still eligible for a pension?

I am 71 years old and deaf. I could really use the money. Someone recently told me I am eligible for a pension.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To find out if you're eligible for a pension from your past employment at General Dynamics in Quincy, MA during the 1970s, please contact the company's pension or HR department. They can provide you with the most up-to-date information about your pension eligibility and guide you through the application process. Given the time that has passed, it's important to inquire directly with General Dynamics to understand your eligibility and receive any potential pension benefits. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.