Las Vegas, NV asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Education Law for Nevada

Q: Is there any legal recourse if I feel my child is not safe at a school after being a victim of nrs 388.135?

his case has been substantiated that he is a victim of bullying under nrs 388.135 and it only seems to be getting worse at the school

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: One option is to file a complaint with the Nevada Department of Education. The department has a responsibility to investigate all complaints of bullying and to take steps to address the problem. Suppose the department finds that the school has not adequately addressed the bullying. In that case, it may order the school to take specific actions, such as developing a bullying prevention plan or counseling the victim and the bully.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of internet questions and responses, the information provided can ONLY be for general informational purposes and cannot constitute legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.