Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Education Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Nevada on
Q: Hello, In Nevada can you open carry a firearm on public school grounds during the summer when the school is closed?

The high school by my house has a sign allowing people to use the track for exercise and dog walking. I use the track in the summer when schools out. Usually at 11:00pm-1:00am, so I like to have a firearm on me. Is this allowed since the school is closed for several months, and it’s in the... Read more »

Malcolm P. LaVergne
Malcolm P. LaVergne answered on Jul 8, 2020

No. See NRS 202.265. This statute does not have an exception for the time of day. The track is part of school property for any Nevada public school I know about. You can face a criminal charge for being on school property with a gun at any time. It's a gross misdemeanor, and you can face up to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law for Nevada on
Q: Can I sue a Grad school, for what and how much? Can I do it just to get their name out there?

They are hiding from and trying to bury truth.

Kevin Christopher Murphy
Kevin Christopher Murphy answered on Feb 14, 2020

Your question on this forum provides evidence that you may be attempting to file a frivolous lawsuit. More facts are needed and there are numerous Causes of Action that would form the basis of a claim against an educational institution, graduate school or otherwise.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Education Law for Nevada on
Q: I’m 16 years old and I can’t find any path to becoming a citizen.

Basically when I was 6 months old my parents brought me to the United States and overstayed their VISAS. Nobody in my direct family is a legal citizen, and I am at a loss for answers. I’m currently going to a CTA highschool and I want to go to university and college, but I have no idea how to go... Read more »

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler answered on Jan 18, 2020

The question requires legal advice that can take time and should be limited to an appointment, perhaps, a legal opinion.

As a result, I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney, who will take the time to carefully explain what...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Family Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Nevada on
Q: My daughter is a U.S citizen with down syndrome. I was born in mexico. I've been in the u.s since i was a baby.

I went to high school and have my GED. I would like to be here legally to continue supporting my daughter. I just dont know where or how to start or where to even go.

Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts answered on Jan 8, 2016

Depending upon how old you were when you came to the US you may be able to apply for DACA. But the next president of the US has all the power to either continue the DACA program or cancel it. So you need to act quick and apply for DACA as soon as you can. And how old is your daughter?, depending... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.