Dayton, OH asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Ohio

Q: Hello, My parents have my daughter who is 9 years old and they are not letting me talk to her or see her.

I have full rights. They have no rights to her as far as guardianship goes. I do not live with them as we do not get along or see eye to eye so I live in Vandalia. But now I cannot contact my child and I am very scared.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly A Rochotte
Kelly A Rochotte
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: That is actual kidnapping. Have you made a police report? Are there any arguments on your parents’ side regarding the well-being of the child while in your care? You should speak with a custody attorney right away.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.