Miami, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: Pension alimentaria a joven de 18 que no estudia.

Bajo las leyes de Puerto Rico, un joven de 18 años, graduado hace un año (2022) de esc superior, no continuó estudios universitarios, no trabaja, tiene derecho a recibir pensión alimentaria hasta los 21 años?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rafael  Pagan-Colon
Rafael Pagan-Colon
  • San Juan, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: En Puerto Rico, todo joven menor de 21 años se considera menor de edad; y, por lo tanto, acreedor a pensión alimentaria. Si la pensión es a través de ASUME o fue establecida por orden del tribunal, aún si llega a los 21 años, la suspensión de la pensión no es automática; y requiere que acuda al tribunal para que sea suspendida.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.